November 19, 2010

If I Married a Prince

I feel like such a nerd.
I'm excited for a wedding celebrating the love between two people that I'll never know!
Prince William and Kate are way too adorable for words.
And, except for the whole royalty thing, they seem so normal!


The media is estimating a 1 billion dollar price tag.
Holy shit!
So, that got me thinking.
If I were marrying a prince...what would the planning look like?
And boy do I have an imagination!

The Food
This isn't just a meal, it's an event! A 12-course-meal!
 We would start with Cocktails and Hors D’oeuvres.
Then the courses would be in order..
pasta, salad, poultry, soup, lamb, shellfish, beef, seafood, pork, sorbet, cheese and desserts.

and who would be making them?
The Chefs
Yes, the menu would be very eclectic!


The Location
The media is saying the wedding will either be at St. Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Abbey, or St. James' Palace.
I'd choose the beautiful St. Paul's Cathedral!


The Party!
I have absolutely no idea where the couple plans to have their reception.
Princess Diana's reception was at Buckingham Palace, so I imagine that's where Kate and Williams will be.
 But....I would have mine at Windsor Castle! I think it's beautiful there.


 Music
During drinks and dinner there would be an orchestra.
Sir Paul McCartney would be the wedding singer.

The Tables
    
The Cake
There are no pictures that show how huge or beautiful my cake would be.
This is the closet thing I could find!
Except mine would be white.
Queen Elizabeth's cake was nine feet tall. I don't like cake that much!
 
Bridesmaid Dresses
Do princesses even have bridesmaids? Well, I would.

Wedding Dress
I'm not a fan of Princess Diana's dress. It was....huge.
  
Vivienne Westwood has been speculated to design Kate's dress.
I love this one.


And finally, The Ring
William gave Kate his mother's £30,000 sapphire and 14 diamond engagement ring.


 Again, I'm not a fan. I personally like this one.



 
It's fun to dream, right?
Maybe I should be a royal wedding planner.

13 comments:

  1. I'm excited too hahahaa. I never would've married someone in a high rank anyway so yeah bwahhahaaa!! I forgot about Princess Diana actually until I heard about him proposing to his girlfriend I was like well damn there goes my chances BABABAAAAA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post! I am all giddy over this wedding, too. I would also pick Windsor castle, but I htink I would choose to get married at St. George's chapel there, as well. It was beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could pass on William, Harry is waaaaaayyyyy hotter! Kate is gorgeous and classy though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to attend a wedding like this!! Oh and btw..I'm completed consumed by this news too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! I would love to go to that wedding! You seriously plan weddings! I would stuff myself on appetizers but I'd havee to make room because the rest sounds soo good! Great choice for the dresses by the way :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Remember: she's common, not royalty. This is going to be a whole new world for her. Fin post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally excited too. I told my husband yesterday that they were engaged and he was like "....Okay? What does that have to do with anything?" He just doesn't understand.

    This is such a fun post! I'm definitely going to be one of the millions of people tuning in to watch the wedding festivities.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seriously! But I wonder...how much of the wedding does Kate actually get to weigh in on? I wonder if her input really matters? I mean you would think it does....but does it?

    If money were no object for a wedding.....gesh...it would be GLORIOUS!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Will you invite me? I would love to be apart of the 12 course meal :) hahhaah! I love it! Sounds perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was sucha cute post! I think they're an adorable couple - I was so happy when they finally got engaged :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am very excited for the wedding too! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute post! A few years ago someone told me my husband looked like Prince William so I made him stand by the TV during that interview so I could compare! (Hmm... this might be a forthcoming post if he lets me...)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Holy crow lady! You do have a very active imagination :P

    I love the sapphire ring. I probably wouldn't wear it out, but I think it would be a nice "piece" to have in my jewelry box. :D

    ReplyDelete