February 23, 2011

Thursday Five

Grab My Button

 
 

I missed you all last week!
I hope you were able to survive the week off,
it just means this week we have lots of catching up to do!
Here are the words...

Outstanding
Refreshed
Adored
Cheerful
Cool

I'm a huge budget-er...like, huge. I 110% believe in the envelope system. We are resigning our lease and rent is going up (whatever happened to being grandfathered in?) but lucky for us BAH went up. I redid our budget this week. It's outstanding! Putting away a lot into savings, saving for summer, vacation, Christmas (yes, I budget months and months in advance) and of course...the two weddings we have been invited to!

After eight days away from everything I feel so refreshed. It's so nice to wake up when you want, lounge in bed for as long as you want, shower with no interruptions, not cook dinner and have no stress at all. Jeez it sounds like I'm talking about a baby free week...but I'm talking about the puppy!

I adore my bestie, Katie. I love our lunch and coffee dates. She's the first friend I had in Jacksonville and I am so so thankful for her! By the way, have you seen the giveaway she had to "force" me to do?! Check it out here!

 I was not happy when Danny said our car failed inspection. We went to Autozone to get some parts and I was cheerful when the guy helping us gave us a huge discount. The discount didn't even make sense to me though, he added stuff to our order but it was less money! I'll take it!

How cool is this? I'll be going home for a few weeks and my blog bestie Mrs. Gambizzle is going to visit me in Boston! We've started planning and I can not wait! There are so many things I want to show her in the city! I'm so excited! 


Now it's your turn!
Don't forget, only link up Thursday Five posts!

 

8 comments:

  1. I am very inspired by your budgeting skills! You go girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post doll! I'm having a blog makeover giveaway that ends this Friday, if you haven't entered already, head over there! Really great stuff!

    Kori xoxo

    http://www.blondeepisodes.com/2011/02/makeover-blog-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore that I made your Thursday Five!! It made me feel so good this morning! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Share some budgeting tips? I just started one beginning of February, and so far not so good! (sad face).

    ReplyDelete
  5. We're getting ready to go to Disney World in May. We're going with my mom, MIL, SIL (and her two kids), and 4 other people. I hope I come back feeling refreshed and not more stressed than when I left! :)

    I think I need you to come teach me how to stick to a budget!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the positive words!!! I really need all of the positive energy that I can get right now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should really start the budgeting thing too! You sound like you do such an awesome job at it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do the Envelope system too! GREAT way to save up!

    ReplyDelete