June 22, 2011

Day 12: Day at the Marina

Every month I get the calendar of fun things going on on base. Everything always sounds like so much fun...but they are all geared toward kids. So, I'm totally taking advantage of base activities while Kaleb is here! Today we went to the marina with Jacque, Austin and Jillian for Wet & Wild Wednesday!

They had three water slides and a bouncy house set up. And of course there was the water to swim in, beach toys and you could even take out the canoes! Oh, and free food! I'm a big fan of free fun!

The kids had so much fun on the slides! We were there from 10 to 1:30 and only heard "I'm bored" once..and I'm pretty it's because they knew we didn't wanna hear it. They got so pruney from playing in the water! Kaleb looked like he had old man hands!


We had a thunderstorm Monday night and lightening hit a dead tree. There has been a wild fire burning since..and today it was super smokey. The marina was smokey most of the time we were there, no sun at all. Ash even started falling. It needs to rain!


We had such a fun day today! I can't wait for our next adventure!


2 comments:

  1. This was a cute post :) im a marine girlfriend! its cool to look into life on base because maybe some day ill be living on one:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like soo much fun!! Considering the smoke. I wish they had more things on our base geared towards families!! :(

    ReplyDelete