One of my favorite things about our apartment is that we have a little backyard. It's perfect for Miley to run around and for our patio set. What's not so perfect....we can't plant a garden. I've always liked the idea of planting your own veggies and herbs. It's so cheap to plant and saves you so much money in the grocery store. And I'm all about saving money.
Herbs are easy...especially when they come prepackaged from the dollar bin at Target! I'm growing cilantro, chives, parsley, and basil. I can not wait to start using them! Fresh cilantro is amazing in salsa....I can already taste it! YUM!
One day the UPS man knocked on my door..I was totally expecting a table for our living room, so when I opened the package I was a little confused. A pop-up garden. Did I really order the wrong thing?! I called Mom and she told me she ordered it for me because she knew I wanted to do some planting. Me and Danny headed to the store picked up some random seeds and soil. Less than two weeks later everything is already sprouting. Cucumbers, green onions, banana peppers, snap peas and sunflowers!
I'm so happy that everything is growing. I was doubting my green thumb because I killed a potted plant (I blame it on the super hot North Carolina weather though...I water it every morning!) But it looks like everything is going to be successful in my garden!
Do you garden? What do you plant? What are you favorite recipes for everything I'm planting?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Awww how cute! I love that my parents grow herbs in their backyard! They also grow strawberries and squash!
ReplyDeleteThey look great! I LOVE cilantro! I like to make cilantro-lime rice with homemade tacos. YUM!!
ReplyDeleteThe pop up garden is so awesome- I've never seen anything like that. Unfortunately I DO NOT have a green thumb so I don't do much gardening but it looks like you're doing great!
ReplyDeleteyour mom's so sweet! i'm going to have to look into that pop up garden. awesome idea!
ReplyDeleteI love the idea of the pop up garden! We might have to look into that. I've wanted to plant some herbs, but I literally kill everything I have ever planted... even the dollar bin ones from Target :(
ReplyDeleteWow!! That is so cool!
ReplyDeletei really want to grow my own herbs, but its pretty hard when my garden is rocks and sand :( but my friend, who has the same problem, made her husband build her a pretty big "gardening box" where she has planted all sorts of herbs, tomatoes, cucumbers, watermelons, etc. She has a shaded aread for thats, since its too sunny. so jealous!
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! What an awesome idea! A pop up garden! Too cool. I wish I had a green thumb and could grow...oh...anything really!
ReplyDeleteI think I might beat your title of being the worst Gardener ever…but I still really want to do some gardening with the kids. Thanks for this post…from one black thumb to another.
ReplyDelete