There are two things I really love about chili. One: It's the perfect autumn food...it warms you from the inside out. And two: there are so many variations on chili...you could put anything in it, and it's sure to be delicious!
Today I'm combing chorizo, black beans, and a whole lot of spice for a great chili to feed a crowd! Or, if you are like us....to freeze for a "free" meal in a few weeks!
2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
Cooking spray
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
5 garlic cloves, grated
12 ounces chorizo sausage, removed from casing
1.5 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
1.5 tsp dried oregano
Juice of 1 lime
1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
3 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 (28oz) cans whole peeled tomatoes, chopped
1 can corn, drained
1.5 oz semi sweet chocolate
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. Coat pot with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add chiles, onion, pepper, garlic and chorizo, cook until tender. Add chili powder, cumin, oregano, lime, cinnamon, beans, tomatoes and corn. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat and cover for 30 minutes.
2. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate until melted, salt and pepper.
3. Serve and enjoy!
Recipe from MyRecipes with one or two tweeks!





chilli sounds good for today! It snowed here last night
ReplyDeleteYUM! I love chili too for the reason you said- there are SO MANY variations, so I feel like I never get sick of it :)
ReplyDelete