This month we are celebrating my four-legged best friends birthday! Miley's birthday celebration lasts the entire month because we actually have no idea when her birthday is. She might be older than three, she might be younger, so for the entire month of November we are guesstimating, celebrating and loving our puppy girl!
Miley's story begins with a Cherry Point Yard Sales ad. For weeks I was searching for a beagle, so when I saw an ad for a 100% pure bread beagle I jumped at it! We drove an hour to find the tallest "beagle" ever, living in awful conditions, passed out on a picnic table. We were told she was "thrown out of a car and left on the side of the road" and that she "really liked beer." At that point I could have cared less if she was a beagle or not, I had to have this dog and I had to take her out of those awful conditions.
Her original name was Bailey. We already have a Bailey puppy in the family so we knew we had to change it. The whole ride home we were thinking of the perfect name, I remember just joking at all the possibilities and then Danny getting a serious look on his face and saying "Miley." A little ode to his love of Miley Cyrus and an ongoing joke with our friend Lindsey.
I knew I didn't want her on the furniture. She was going to be crate trained. I wanted a perfect dog. But the second she walked in the house she planted herself on the couch and I didn't have the heart to kick her off. She cried in her crate that night, so I invited her in our bed. That's how it all began...and now she is so spoiled!
Miley is far from perfect but she's the perfect dog for me. She can't be off-leash, she has an obsession with trash, and she really likes stealing shoes. But she's also the perfect cuddle buddy, watch dog, and she listens to all my stories without interrupting....except for the occasional howl to let me know she's still listening.
She loves her family. We all claim to be her favorite!
Happy 3rd birthday puppy. Thank you for being the best listener, snuggler, and puppy a girl could ask for!











Happy birthday to Miley! I can't believe the conditions you found her in. Those are just awful. I would have snatched her up right away without a second thought. I am glad she has such a happy home now.
ReplyDeleteOh she is such a sweet looking puppy! Happy birthday month to her!
ReplyDeleteAww happy birthday doggy!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Miley!!! You are amazing for rescuing her from those conditions! We also tried the no couch, strictly crate thing with Roxy too. I think you can see how well that worked, lol
ReplyDelete