November 7, 2012

My 'Go-To' Sauce

I've tried a million spaghetti sauce recipes. I've liked them all but none of the recipes left me wanting more....until this one. A slow-simmered meat sauce that is garlicy, salty, meaty and delicious. Thank goodness this recipe made a ton because I was left craving it long after dinner was over!

Olive oil
1 onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
6 cloves garlic, minced
1lb hot sausage
1lb ground beef
1/2 cup kalamata olives, sliced
1/4 cup garlic flavored tomato paste
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
28oz crushed tomatoes
1 cup Italian flavored tomato sauce
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms

1. Heat olive oil in skillet. Add onion and carrot, saute until tender. Add garlic, cook about 1 minute. Add veggie mix to crockpot.

2. Brown sausage and beef in skillet. Drain well. Add to crockpot.

3. To crock pot add remaining ingredients.

4. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Cook your favorite pasta and serve!

Pardon the bad picture, I was too busy eating to take a better picture!

2 comments: