December 19, 2012

Bacon Vodka Sauce

You know the day right before you need to go grocery shopping? Your cabinets are empty, you have next to nothing in the freezer, and you're working with the bare essentials leftover from the past two weeks.

That was me a few weeks ago. I had no idea what to make for dinner. I had a few things: can of whole tomatoes, frozen bacon, heavy cream and pasta. I put my thinking cap on and came up with an amazing (and cheap!) meal!

Pasta with Vodka Sauce
Butter, I used 2.5Tbsp...because that's what I had left
Bacon, diced
Vodka
15oz whole tomatoes
Heavy cream

1. Melt butter in pan. Add diced bacon and cook until browned. Drain grease.

2. Add vodka (I added 2/3 cup.) Cook until reduced.

3. Add heavy cream and whole tomatoes, break up with a wooden spoon. Simmer about 10 minutes.

4. Serve over whatever kind of pasta you have. Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan cheese.


1 comment: