Today I have a delicious slow cooker recipe for you: tequila lime chili! This was such a huge hit with my Hubby....there was none left after one sitting and he said I could win a competition with this recipe! It's that good!
Now, I can't take credit for the recipe. I found it at Sweet Pea's Kitchen. However, I think the ingredients are what really matter. We used homegrown chilis from our friends garden which made it extra spicy....and extra delicious!
1 slice wheat bread
2 Tbsp milk
1lb ground turkey
2 Tbsp veggie oil
1 onion, diced
1 bell pepper, diced
1 jalapeno (or other hot pepper, depending on the level of spice you want) diced
2 Tbsp Mexican chili poweder
2 Tbsp tomato paste
4 cloves garlic, grated
2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
15oz can tomato sauce
14.5oz can diced tomatoes
15oz can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup tequila
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp honey
1 chipotle chili in adobo, minced
Juice of lime
Zest of lime
1. In a large bowl mash bread and milk together. Add turkey, salt and pepper, stir to combine.
2. Heat oil in large pan. Add onion through red pepper flakes. Cook until veggies have softened and browned. Add the turkey mixture, using a wooden spoon to break up. Cook until no longer pink. Add tomato sauce and scrape up browned bits.
3. Transfer to a slow cooker. Add tomatoes through adobo, only three Tbsp of tequila. Stir to combine. Cook on low 4-6 hours.
4. Stir in remaining tequila, lime zest and juice.
5. Serve and enjoy! We served ours with Mexican cheese. YUM!





mmmmm :)
ReplyDelete-wHiT