Sooooo....you know you're slacking on the blog when people actually start requesting blogs. I just haven't been too into lately. But you know what I have been into? Healthy eating. Five days a week we go vegetarian. It's healthy, yummy, and seriously...it's been really easy on the pocketbook! Here's one of my favorites.
Spicy Orzo Salad
1 cup orzo, uncooked
1 cup frozen corn, thawed and drained
Container of cherry tomatoes, halved
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 cup almond milk
Juice of one lemon
Cilantro, chopped
Juice of one lime
2Tbsp sour cream
2Tbsp mayonaise
1tsp chili powder
Salt and pepper
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1 avocado, cut into wedges
1. Cook orzo according to directions, drain and rinse. Place orzo, corn, tomatoes and beans in a large bowl.
2. In a small bowl combine milk, lemon, cilantro, lime, sour cream, mayo and spices. Mix well. Pour over orzo and toss to combine. Serve with avocado. Enjoy!
(adapted from Cooking Light recipe)





Yummy!
ReplyDeleteOh wow does that look good!! I love Orzo salads!
ReplyDelete