September 25, 2013

Shrimp & Veggie Salad

I'm a planner. I have no less than three date books, I plan events, I budget...and I plan menus. But I have a bad habit of not reading the entire recipe before putting it on the menu. So, what do you do when you accidentally plan a side as the meal? You get creative, of course!


2 Tbsp cider vinegar
1.5 Tbsp EVOO
Crushed red pepper, to taste
Salt
Shrimp, cooked, cut into bite sized pieces
Can of black beans, rinsed and drained
10 cherry tomatoes, halved
1 Yellow bell pepper, diced
Green onions, diced
Cilantro, chopped
1 cup orzo, cooked

Whisk together first four ingredients. Mix in the rest of the ingredients.

Really! A beautiful, delicious meal is that easy...and fast...to make! The original recipe didn't have pasta in it, thank goodness I had some extra hanging around! It would also be great paired with brown rice. YUM!

1 comment: