I woke up Monday morning to a text from my Mom. "You need to go grocery shopping NOW. You are going to get 8 inches of snow." I rolled out of bed and headed to Food Lion before having my first cup of coffee. I stocked up on the essentials....salad stuff, frozen meals, and coffee are essentials right? I have little faith in the weatherman and didn't think it would snow. That and I was starting a diet on Monday.
I picked a shitty week to start a diet! I did really good Monday. Tuesday was good...until it was 10:00 and I started craving PB&J. Mom said "that's okay...it's fruit and protein." I didn't send her a picture of how thick the bread and layer of peanut butter was.
Wednesday morning I laid in bed thinking about my massive to do list. Of course I'll be able to get it done...it doesn't snow in North Carolina. Boy was I wrong...kinda. We have about 3 inches of ice and maybe some snow. I woke up to this mess...
The New Englander in me wishes people would stop whining! It's s-n-o-w. Not the end of the world. But think about it? We have no salt, no plows, nothing. Base has been shut down for two days, shelves at Walmart are completely empty, businesses are totally and completely closed until who knows when. The ice is so thick that Miley slips and slides on the back porch on her way out to pee. Did I mention snow shovels, ice scrapers, and brushes are not things people just happen to have on hand down here....
So, I didn't leave the house yesterday and I indulged in beer and cheese soup. I won't be leaving today (and I'm craving pasta...) The roads are still crappy. And it's not supposed to get out of the 30's today, so they will be crappy again tomorrow. You'd think I'd take this time to clean the house? Nope...a snow day calls for total and complete laziness!
In case you were wondering....it's supposed to be 70 on Sunday.







I jealous of your 70 on Sunday!
ReplyDeleteBeer and cheese soup sounds tasty.
After living in New England for a year and experiencing out second winter here, it did make me chuckle a little.
ReplyDeleteIt's really not funny at all. Check out my latest Facebook post.
ReplyDelete