In our family, I am the budgetter. I love our budget, I live by our budget. Unfortunately...my husband does not. You'd think after almost four years of marriage he would understand the envelope system and it's most important aspect - "when it's gone...it's gone."
Here's some background: since Danny has been living in Myrtle Beach he's had to use his credit card quite a few times, mostly for tools. But that's another story for another day...long story short, Danny's credit card is not in his possession right now.
I think he had a bad day at work today, made a mistake and now owes the shop donuts. Donuts are cheap! So when he told me the story, I was like "okay cool." Nope...not cool. Hubby doesn't have $20 on him, tomorrow is payday but he doesn't get his check until noontime. And remember the credit card? Yep...I made him keep it at the house.
So, I used my bank account to transfer him $20. There was a $10 fee. And no actual promise that he will have it at 7AM when he has to be to work. So, he looked into transferring money from his credit card (which has no fee) but it's a minimum of $50. Those better be some damn good donuts for $80 friggin dollars.
ALSO! My biggest fear is that none of this money will actually transfer in time, meaning no donuts for the shop. Which means there's potential of him getting in trouble. On the day he's putting in his two weeks. UGH I seriously feel like nothing good can come of this!!
Have you ever had a week when you take a step up...just to take two gigantic steps back? That's been my entire week. I feel like it's going to take forever to catch up with everything. I'm praying this new job takes care of a lot of this, and that my Scentsy business continues to flourish. I took a super part-time job helping a friend, and I'd like something else to bring some cash into the house.
Thank God it's almost the weekend!




No comments:
Post a Comment