December 3, 2010

You Inspire Me: And You Never Did Think


 This weeks inspiration is Sespi from And You Never Did Think. She is a Navy wife, has her Master’s degree in International Policy, and has two dogs who are almost as crazy as my Miley! Make sure you check out her 30 Before 30 list, maybe it will inspire you to do your own!

Her movie recommendation was Killers. Ever hear of it? Me either. There are certain actors that I want to crack me up and Ashton Kutcher is one of them. But this movie didn't get any laughs out of me.


Remember the connection that he had with Brittany Murphy in Just Married? This movie was lacking a real relationship. And I didn't feel like the storyline was good...at all. It's about spy, who's wife doesn't know, and then she finds out...and you know the rest. I think it was supposed to be funny, maybe the alcoholic mother was supposed to get the laughs, or maybe it's just Tom Seleck's mustache that was supposed to be the funny part. Either way, I didn't think the  movie was funny!

Katherine Heigl cracks me up. And not because she is funny. But because she left Grey's Anatomy because they weren't giving her good material. I wonder if this script is what she was looking for....

Her reading recommendation was One Bullet Away: The Making of a Marine Officer by Nathaniel Flick. So far this has been the only memoir that was recommended. And they are my favorite! I was so excited to read something in my "comfort zone."

This is a great memoir. It starts with the author in OCS (Officer Candidate's School) and goes through his deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. Nathaniel talks about how he was born during the wrong time...so instead of getting to ride in a chariot with armor..he joined the Marines.

I really really really liked this! Reading it helped me understand a lot of Marine terms. It even opened up some conversations with me and Danny about the situations in the book. I love books that actually teach me things! Great book recommendation...everyone should read it!

I love easy nights of cooking. So, thanks for making this an easy night on me. Grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup. I could have fancied it up (ever have a havarti grilled cheese with raspberry jam..heavenly.) but I decided to keep it simple: white bread, cheese, and Campbell's chicken noodle soup. Mmm mmm good!


Thank you for another great round of recommendations! While the movie wasn't my thing, I probably would have watched it even if it wasn't recommended...Ashton Kutcher is just so damn cute!

9 comments:

  1. I don't like Katherine Heigl, which is why I haven't seen this movie. Have you read any of the Janet Evanovich books? She is playing the lead character in a movie about the first book. The books are laugh out loud hilarious, but I think she'll ruin the movie.
    Maybe I should look into that book. Hubby always makes fun of the crap I read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I borrow this book, too!!? I love that I'm getting good reads out of this! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know she left Grey's (that goes to show you how far behind AFN is)... damn. I really liked her on that show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of that movie either... but it sounds an awful lot like True Lies, with Jamie Lee Curtis and Ah-nold Schwazzenwhatever. I hear Jamie Lee Curtis did all her own stunts, too.

    Thanks for the read- I'll definitely pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness that grilled cheese is seriously calling my name!! I didn't see Killers, but Ashton Kutcher is such a doll, I would probably just watch it on mute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was not a fan of Killers AT ALL. So disappointing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't like Ashton Kutcher. I think he's way too over the top and tries too hard. That dinner looks so good. I'd love a simple grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that book as well! Small world, I actually taught Nate Fick's cousin a few years ago and met his aunt and uncle. Sweetest people ever!

    ReplyDelete