June 16, 2011

Day 5: Playground and Ball Parks

Danny's schedule is absolutely nuts lately. Sometimes he works nights, sometimes it's days and sometimes it both. Since he was working the day shift yesterday I planned a little trip to the park with Jacque and her kids. I was crossing my fingers that Danny would get out early so we could make it to the (free) Kinston Indians game!

The kids had a fun time at the park. I (obviously) don't spend a lot of time at kids parks so I didn't realize how weird some parents are. What kind of rule is it to not get dirty at a park? But as weird as the parents are some kids are just down right strange...apparently "don't talk to strangers" means nothing to kids!

The kids had fun! Lots of running around, swinging, sliding, and more running! It was impossible to get a picture of Kaleb, the second he saw the camera he was off running again!


When we got home we took a bike ride to my friend Deven's house to see her and the new baby. Five days old, the tiniest thing I have ever seen! While we were there I got a text from Danny saying he was home...but had to be back to work at 6:30. Same time the game started! So, me and Jacque made a plan that we would take all the kids!

It was military appreciation night at the game last night..that means, free! And the Kinston Indians were playing the Salem Red Sox, how appropriate since Jacque is from Ohio and I'm from Boston! We got our seats some cheap food ($10 bucks for two hot dogs, fries, popcorn and a drink..in Boston I would have taken a small loan to get the same thing!) and enjoyed the game! We had some super nosy southern chic sitting in front of us. Every time we said something she would answer us....loudly. Towards the end of the game she said "If you let me, I'll take the kids down to get autographs." Um...I think we can do that! The Indians won, the kids all got baseballs and some autographs! It was a great night! 

3 comments:

  1. *like*
    We all had a blast!
    (I also think Jillian was the only one that had on a dress and heels! LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you all had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like an awesome time, sorry that your husband's schedule is so poopy right now!

    ReplyDelete